Tour de Singkarak 2013 : Iran dominates Final Results
posted_on 1 Jan 1970 07:00 | id_view 1042
After 7 days of fierce competition and over 1000 kilometers of steep climbs, sharp curves, and challenging flat track sprints, the mega sporting event the FifthTour de Singkarak came to its pinnacle closure on Sunday, 9th June 2013.
Led by Tabriz Petrochemical Team who emerged as General Team Champion, Iranian cyclists dominated the final result of Tour de Singkarak 2013, placing Ghader Mirzani as the winner of racer General Category (yellow jersey) and Amir Kolahdozagh as the leader in the King of Mountains category (polka-dot Jersey).
6th Stage : from Pariaman to Painan
Following a day’s rest on Friday 7th June, where cyclists revitalized their energy, enjoying their time at Pantai Air Manis Beach, the 6th stage of Tour de Singkarak 2013 took racers on a 144.5 Km race across the coastline of West Sumatra from Padang Pariaman to Painan. The race was only followed by 97 cyclists since 37 cyclists did not finish the previous stage.
The race was dominated by flat track which presented an exciting close sprint race among competing cyclists, especially atKM31.5 and Km 62. Flagged off from Pariaman city Mayor’s office right across Gandoriah Beach, the course also took racers pass the two largest seaports in West Sumatra: Teluk Bayur Port and Bungus Port.
Almost all cyclists involved in a neck and neck race all the way to approximately 10km before the finish line. The heat of the race also took its toll on last year’s champion Oscar Pujol Munoz who was involved in an accident. Phillipines Ronnel Hualda emerged victorious in this stage clocking at 3 hours 30 minutes and 7 seconds. Following in second place is Moh.Zamri Saleh from Trengganu Cycling Team (Malaysia) and Hossein Nateghi from Tabriz Petrochemical (Iran) in third.
The 7th and Final Stage : Padang
The 7th and final stage of Tour de Singkarak 2013 took the scene of sprinting on flat tracks of 134.5Km including the 6 lap circuit race in downtown Padang. Again, the number of racers was reduced to 83, since a number of cyclists did not finish the previous race. Although dominated mostly by flat track, the course still left one ascending track on Km.276 where racers competed for the King of Mountains points.
Marking Iranian domination in the tour, Mehdi Sohrabi became the first to cross the finish line clocking at 03:26:55. Second place went to Jerry Aquino from 7 Eleven (Philippines) and Karl Evans from Budget Forklift (Australia) who crossed the finish line at the same time.
The final results of Tour de Singkarak 2013 are as follows:
General Category (yellow jersey) :
1. Ghader Mizbani (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 22.40.47
2. Johan Coenen ((Team Differdange-Losch) 22.46.27
3. Amir Kolahdozhagh (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 22.47.19
4. Kristian Juel (Budget Forklifs) 22.50.07
5. Alireza Asgharzadeh (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 22.50.29
Indonesian Racers Category (red and white jersey) :
1. Aiman Cahyadi (Timnas Indonesia) 22.55.19
2. Robin Manulang (Timnas Indonesia) 22.55.57
3. Hari Fitrianto (CCN Cycling Team) 22.56.11
4. Kurniawan (BRCC Banyuwangi) 22.58.11
5. Tonton Susanto (Putra Perjuangan) 22.59.56
Sprint King Category (green jersey) :
1. Mohd Zamri Saleh (Trengganu Cycling Team) 16 poin
2. Jerry Aquino (7 Eleven) 15 poin
3. Hossein Nateghi (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 15 poin
4. Rustom Lim (LBC Filipina) 10 poin
5. Rastra Patria Dinawan (Timnas Indonesia) 7 poin
King of Mountains Category (polkadot jersey) :
1. Amir Kolahdozhagh (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 30 poin
2. Johan Coenen (Team Differdange-Losch) 25 poin
3. Ghader Mizbani (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 18 poin
4. Hossein Askari (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 17 poin
5. Alireza Asgharzadeh (Tabriz Petrochemical Team) 14 poin
General Team Category :
1. Tabriz Petrochemical Cycling Team 68.06.27
2. Budget Forklifs 68.34.49
3. Timnas Indonesia 68.44.27
4. Polygon Sweet Nice 68.47.45
5. Japan National Team 68.49.52
Indonesian Team Category :
1. Timnas Indonesia 68.44.27
2. Putra Perjuangan 69.02.33
3. BRCC Banyuwangi Team 69.04.01
4. Binong Baru Pessel 69.23.14
5. Customs Cycling Clum 69.34.52