Destinations in Indonesia
Experience The Real Java at Kaliandra Sejati
Recover and rejeuvenate from the stresses of modern life amongst volcanic craters, sweeping rice paddies and the charming hospitable people at Kaliandra, East Java.
The Kaliandra eco resort on the tranquil slopes of Mt Arjuna is the perfect place to relax and explore the magnificent landscape and fascinating culture of East Java.
This eco resort has been developed in close consultation with the local community and represents responsible tourism at its best. Visitors here have a wide range of choices as to how to spend their time. They can volunteer teaching English in the local community, learn how to play the traditional instruments of Java - the gamelan, take a guided hike in the surrounding mountains or simply enjoying the surrounds and relax with a massage. For the more adventurous there is a ropes course, mountain bike riding and hiking. Ten minutes walk from the complex is Taman Safari, which houses animals from around the world. Kaliandra also has facilities for conferences and meetings and corporate retreats.
The Kaliandra foundation was founded in 1997. It works with the communities around Mt Arjuna to promote more sustainable resource management and support for Javanese cultural traditions. Kaliandra is just two hours drive from Surabaya.
7 Sep 2014
01:1523:15Bromo Marathon 2014: running through spectacular Mountain Scenery
- Mount Bromo
- Ijen Crater
- Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park
- Bukit Darmo Golf Club
- Ahmad Yani Golf Club
- Finna Golf & Country Club Resort
- Take It Easy in Malang
- Singosari Temple
- Grajagan Beach: Great Surf and a Picturesque Fishermen's Beach
- Baluran National Park: Safari across Java’s own Savannah
- Alas Purwo National Park: Ancient Rainforests on Java’s most eastern peninsula
- Trowulan, seat of the great Majapahit Kingdom
- Exciting White Water Rafting down the Pekalen river at Probolinggo
- The Ampel Mosque and the tomb of Sunan Ampel, East Java
- Meru Betiri National Park
- Balekambang Beach
- The Surreal Madakaripura Waterfall, vestige of the great Majapahit Kingdom
- Sempu Island Nature Reserve and the beautiful Segara Anakan Secret Lagoon
- Pulau Merah Beach: Challenging Barreling Surf near Banyuwangi