Destinations in Indonesia
After dinner there is much to enjoy in Jakarta. The Kemang area in South Jakarta, dubbed the “expatriate village” has many discos, karaokes, and entertainment haunts to while away the night. There is even the Salsa Café, where you can learn to dance the Salsa after a good meal. The Centro at Dharmawangsa Square City Walk at Jl. Dharmawangsa IX is today the place to be and to be seen. This place is frequented by Indonesian film, TV and music stars or anyone who calls himself or herself a celebrity.
Others enjoy the atmosphere of Hard Rock Café at the EX Building of Plaza Indonesia, while the Cilandak Town Square, popularly known as CITOS is favoured among the young crowd, while the Music Room better known as MUSRO at Hotel Borobudur at Lapangan Banteng is also a favourite night entertainment spot.
Others enjoy the lively atmosphere of a number of entertainment and music centres behind Senayan Plaza. Most malls have a cinema complex attached near a host of restaurants to serve hungry cinema goers.
If you are looking for nightclubs, these are found towards the Glodok and Mangga Dua area near China Town.
Just make sure that you do not hail a taxi from the kerb at these nightclubs when going home in the wee hours of the morning, as there may be thugs ready for action. Call a reliable taxi company, the most reliable are the Blue Bird and the Silver Bird taxis.
- If you decide to travel by taxi, make sure that the taxi uses the argometer. Also note the taxi number which you will find on the inside door. If possible, opt for Blue Bird and Silver Bird taxis. They're known for their reliability.
- Bring lightweight clothes unless you plan to stay indoor most of the time. Jakarta is quite hot.
- Learn a few necessary phrases in Indonesian. Not all Indonesians can speak English well.
- Check your bill before you leave, to avoid any mistakes. Tipping is not common if you buy food from street vendors or most fast food restaurants. It is polite to leave a tip in classy restaurants, though.
14 Mar 2014-16 Mar 2014ARTE Indonesia Art Festival 2014 carrying the theme: ‘Regeneration’
4 Jun 2014
17:0023:00The RED Tour: Taylor Swift to Stage her First Ever Show in Jakarta, Indonesia
24 Mar 2014
19:0023:30Bruno Mars: The Moonshine Jungle Tour to thrill Jakarta
3 Apr 2014
18:0020:00Lionel Richie Live in Jakarta: in All the Hits - All Night Long Tour
27 Mar 2014-30 Mar 2014Enjoy Jakarta Indonesia PGA Golf Championship 2014 vying for US$ 1 million
21 Mar 2014
19:1520:00Il Divo – A Musical Affair: The Greatest Songs of Broadway LIVE in Jakarta
15 Mar 2014
18:0020:15Wayang Orang Rock Ekalaya Theatrical Play
- Old Batavia
- The Thousand Islands
- Jakarta: Dining Experience in Metropolitan City
- Jakarta Shopping Extravaganza
- Sunda Kelapa Harbor
- Jakarta Street Food Scene
- Heritage Sites in Jakarta
- Senayan Golf Club
- Matoa National Golf
- The Schmutzer Primate Centre
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
- Waterbom Jakarta
- The National Museum
- The Fatahillah Jakarta Museum in Old Batavia
- The National Monument
- Jakarta's Inspiring Istiqlal Mosque
- Jakarta Convention Center
- Jakarta Exhibitions and Performance Venues
- Jakarta Hotels with Convention Facilities
- The Bung Karno Sports Complex
- Amazing Golf in the heart of Jakarta
- Bidadari Island
- PULAU TIDUNG, weekend get-away in Jakarta’s Thousand Islands
- Pulau Pramuka
- Toko Merah
- GEDUNG PROKLAMASI
- Candra Naya building: a piece of Chinese history in colonial Batavia
- Batavia’s colonial National Archives Museum for elegant garden parties and weddings
- Monetary History in the Bank of Indonesia Museum
- The Bank Mandiri Museum to see Old-style banking
- Heritage Mosques in Old Batavia
- Jakarta’s Neo Gothic Catholic Cathedral
- Pari Island
- Jakarta’s Oldest Chinese Temple
- Jakarta’s Textile Museum