Destinations in Indonesia
“Devdan, Treasure of the Archipelago”: Bali’s Celebration of Cultural Diversity
The wonderful cultural diversities of the Indonesian Archipelago are fused together in the spectacular performance: Devdan -Treasure of the Archipelago that is regularly staged at the Nusa Dua Theatre, at Nusa Dua, Bali.
“Devdan – Treasure of the Archipelago” is not a musical, nor it is a drama, instead it is a contemporary acrobatic and dance performance that is inspired by the enchanting culture of Indonesia. The name ‘Devdan’ derives from Sanskrit, short for deva – God and dana which means gift; thus “Devdan, Treasure of the Archipelago” tells about heaven-sent gifts – in the form of natural and cultural diversities – bestowed upon the people of Indonesia that stretches from the island of Sumatra to Papua.
The show features a fusion of Indonesian traditional dance choreographies with modern dance styles, world-class aerial acrobatics actions, dazzling costumes and hi-tech special effects. During the 90-minute performance, the audience will be taken on a magical whirlwind tour of the Indonesian Archipelago from Bali to Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Papua. Aside from featuring distinct dances from many parts of the archipelago, the show also elaborates various Indonesian traditional music with the modern beat of hip hop and traditional costumes with the latest fashion.
A number of world-acclaimed artists – both foreign and Indonesian – are behind the creation of Devdan Show. Despite the involvement of some professional artists from abroad in its pre-production, all the cast and stage crew are talentedand skilled artists from across Indonesia.
The show itself tells the story about two young children who are lost in the jungles of Bali and make an astonishing discovery. Thus they embark on a magical journey across the vast Archipelago of Indonesia. Along their journey to the islands of Bali, Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Papua, the children experience colossal volcanic eruptions, rumbling earthquakes, flowing molten lava, torrential rains, and a whole bunch of other exciting adventures.
“Devdan – Treasure of the Archipelago” is featured in Conde Nast Traveller’s January 2012 issue in “Ten Things to Do with Kids in Bali”, also ranked No. 1 on Trip Advisor’s Attractions in Nusa Dua. The show is regularly performed four times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 19.00 Central Indonesia Time.
For more Information and booking click on : http://www.devdanshow.com/
Photo Courtesy by http://www.devdanshow.com/
29 Aug 2014-30 Aug 20146th Global Forum of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) 2014 in Bali
16 Aug 2014
18:4523:45Dreamfields Festival 2014 at Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, Bali
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
- Ubud Monkey Forest
- Amed Beach
- Bali Bird Park
- Bali Handara Golf and Country Club
- The Ritz Carlton Bali, Thallasso & Spa
- Mandara Spa Originating in Bali
- Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay
- Golfing in Nirwana Bali Golf Club
- Lovina Beach
- Kuta Beach
- Mount & Lake Batur- Kintamani, Bali
- Eat, Pray, Love and Escape in Ubud
- Pura Besakih: the revered Mother Temple of Bali
- Ulun Danu Beratan: iconic Temple on Lake Beratan in the Bedugul Highlands
- Tanah Lot: Bali’s iconic Rock Temples By the Sea
- The giant Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue and Cultural Park
- Dreamland: Surf’s up at Bali’s New Kuta Beach
- Sanur Beach: Watch the sun rise from below the horizon
- The Bali International Convention Center, Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, and Nusa Dua Hotels
- West Bali National Park: Sanctuary of the Exotic White Bali Starling
- Menjangan Island
- The Serene Pemuteran Beach and its Phenomenal Underwater Temple
- Suluban Beach
- Pura Agung Pulaki and the enchanting temples of North Bali’s Pemuteran Coast
- Kedisan Village at the foot of Mt. Batur
- Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida : “Cleaning Stations” for the Giant Mola-Mola
- Pura Ulun Danu Batur
- The Secluded Balangan Beach and its Long Left-hander Surf Breaks
- Impressive Pura Kehen in Bangli, on the road to Kintamani
- Canggu Beach
- Taman Nusa
- The unique Setia Darma House of Masks and Puppets in Gianyar, Bali