Destinations in Indonesia
Museum of Borobudur: All Ever You Need to Know About This Wonder of the World
Sunset Scenery at BorobudurOnce you enter Borobudur, you find yourself being led into an intricate cosmology immortalized in stone, which is a magnificent trip for amateur archaeologists, albeit one that will require an experienced guide to decipher.
The Karmawibhangga Museum is filled with everything you could ever want to know about the ancient Borobudur temple, one of Indonesia’s most famous cultural icons. This is a museum with a fascinating array of artifacts and relics on display. From its collection of Buddha statues to original stones and carvings from the temple, the museum is a must see for anyone with an interest in archeology or any budding Indiana Jones.
Here you will find detailed exhibits about the history of the monument in both Bahasa Indonesia and English. There are also photos which document the painstaking process of restoring the temple.
While you are here, why not take a stroll outside in the museum grounds to look at the ancient stones which are set out in the garden and line the path to a Javanese style pavilion.
This museum is located in the grounds of Borobudur temple and is just a short distance from the temple itself. Cost of admission is included with the cost of entry to the park.
- Kailasa Museum
- Graha Candi Golf : Golf & Real Estate Semarang
- Manyaran Indah Golf Club
- Museum Batik Danar Hadi
- Tlogo Plantation
- Dieng Plateau
- Relaxing in Wonosobo
- Solo Surakarta
- Lawang Sewu
- The Sam Poo Kong Temple of Semarang
- KARIMUNJAWA: Marine Adventure in the Java Sea
- Mendut Temple : Spiritual Portal to the imposing Borobudur temple
- Pawon Temple
- Pulau Tengah in the Java Sea: surrounded by living reefs and colorful fish
- PURA MANGKUNEGARAN: its history and the end of the united Javanese Mataram Sultanate
- Dieng’s Telaga Warna, the Color-changing Lake
- Candirejo Village : experience rural Java’s traditional life
- Rafting down rapids of the picturesque Serayu River
- Understanding the Thousands of Relief Panels of Borobudur
- Wonosobo’s Stunning Mountain panorama, cool fresh air and tea plantations
- Tubing down the Elo River of Central Java
- The Cave of Virgin Mary at Kerep, Ambarawa
- Triwindu Antique Market: Hunting Antiques in Solo